Restore Your Smile With Dentures
If you’re missing teeth then you could be experiencing a variety of problems. Eating can be difficult and your speaking often becomes mumbled and slurred. It’s little wonder that you feel less confident than you used to and that you spend much of your time hiding your smile behind your hand.
Dentures are one of the most popular methods of tooth replacement, and have come on in leaps and bounds in recent years. Not only do they look more natural but they are smaller and crafted from lighter materials, which make them more comfortable to wear. Dentures restore the smile and oral functionality, improving the quality of a person’s life.
Different Types Of Denture
The majority of dentures are designed to be easily removed for cleaning and for sleeping at night to reduce the risk of swallowing them. The denture can be either full or partial depending on whether a person has lost all of their teeth in one or other jaw, or both jaws, or has several teeth missing, leaving gaps in the smile.
- Full or complete denture – These are normally made with a plastic gum colored base and support a complete set of porcelain or plastic teeth. Usually a complete denture rests on the gums and is held in place by forming a seal and/or with dental adhesive. Another method is to secure the dentures to stop them moving around by using dental implants. These are commonly referred to as implant retained dentures. They’re not for everyone as they require surgery to place the implants and are also more expensive.
- Partial denture – This is generally made with a metal framework that supports the number of teeth that are to be replaced. It fits around the natural teeth using a series of metal clasps and rests and is overall strong and sturdy. Plastic partial dentures are often used as a temporary replacement for missing teeth while patients are waiting for gums and bone to heal before receiving a permanent restoration.
Benefits of dentures
- Dentures are a quick and easy way for a patient to restore their smile with a full or partial set of functioning teeth and, unlike dental implants, they don’t require surgery.
- Custom-made dentures are carefully crafted for a totally natural look with care being taken to choose individual teeth for their shape and size as well as coloring them to match a person’s gum tissue and facial complexion. Often, small blemishes and gaps can be added for a look that is so natural no-one will even know that you’re wearing false teeth.
- Dentures fill out the face and lips making it appear more rounded, as well as adding shape and definition to the cheeks, giving a more youthful look
If you’re considering dentures or are unhappy with your current dentures, then we can help. Contact us today for a free consultation where we can discuss the best dentures for you and explore all your dental options. Contact us online or phone us on (954) 510-4300. We’ll soon get you smiling again!