MAKE WOBBLY DENTURES A THING OF THE PAST WITH DENTURE STABILIZATION
If there’s one thing that all denture wearers have in common, it’s the fact that they hate the way that their dentures wobble around in their mouth. It’s fair to say that modern day dentures are lighter and more attractive than ever before but over time they all develop this annoying habit of shifting position when you’re speaking or trying to eat. Fortunately it doesn’t have to be this way and at Complete Dental Health we can offer a solution to this common problem by stabilizing your dentures with dental implants.
To understand more about the benefits of implant supported dentures, we need to take a quick look at what happens when teeth are lost or extracted. Over time the bone that once supported the tooth is resorbed into the body and this causes the jaw to shrink and change shape, which is why dentures have to be constantly adjusted for a tight fit. Implants are surgically inserted into the jaw and fuse with the surrounding bone to become a permanent fixture in the mouth that prevents any further bone loss. Once the implants have stabilised your dentures can be adjusted and attached to the implants to prevent them from wobbling and keep them securely in place.
Benefits of implant supported dentures
- Dentures retain a snug fit as they’re held continuously against the gum line
- Easier for patients to speak without mumbling or slurring their words
- Implant supported dentures offer three times the biting force of traditional dentures which means a patient has less diet restrictions
- Oral health is improved since the dentures are supported by the implants and don’t add pressure to the gums, wearing down soft tissues
- Helps retain facial structures as implants stimulate the bone and prevent future bone loss from occurring
- No more nasty tasting adhesives
- Renewed confidence as a patient can forget about what their teeth are doing and get on with enjoying life
If you’re more convinced now that stabilized dentures are the way to go, then why not get in touch. We offer a free consultation where you can discuss all your concerns and get your questions answered. Book online or call us direct on (954) 510-4300 to schedule your consultation.