DENTAL BONDING FOR GREAT LOOKING TEETH
Dental tooth bonding is a procedure that we use to correct and restore teeth which are either damaged, decayed, or unsightly in their appearance. It’s a relatively simple process which involves applying a tooth-colored resin to the teeth and hardening it with a special light so that it bonds for a long lasting finish. Restoring both color and shape, it’s a quick and convenient method of totally transforming your smile for the better.
You may want to consider dental tooth bonding for a variety of conditions, including:
- Decayed teeth
- Gapped teeth
- Teeth that look too short
- Chipped and cracked teeth
- Discolored teeth
- To change the shape of a tooth/teeth
- As a cosmetic alternative to silver amalgam fillings
- Protection of an exposed tooth root due to gums having receded
How the bonding procedure works
With dental bonding you can restore your smile in your lunch break since each tooth only takes 30-60 minutes and can be completed in a single visit to our office. The procedure is carried out in just four easy steps:
- A shade of composite resin is chosen to closely match your own teeth to give a look that is as natural as possible
- The surface of the tooth is roughened and a special liquid applied to help the resin bond to your tooth
- The putty-like resin is then applied to the tooth and molded and smoothed to the desired shape, before being hardened using an ultra-violet light
- Once hardened the resin is further trimmed and shaped after which it is polished to match the remainder of your teeth.
Benefits of dental tooth bonding
Requires very little advance preparation
Often anaesthetic is not required (unless it involves a cavity)
Color matched resin for a natural, seamless finish
Not as expensive as crowns and veneers and can usually be completed in a single office visit
Less tooth enamel is removed than with veneers and crowns
Caring for bonded teeth
The good thing about bonding is that is requires no special care and normally a good level of oral hygiene is all that’s required. Provided you brush your teeth twice a day, floss at least once a day and visit us on a regular basis for a professional clean and check-up then you can expect your bonded teeth to last for anywhere from 3 to 10 years.
If you’re interested in dental tooth bonding then why not take advantage of a free consultation with Dr. Gomez. Contact us direct on (954) 510-4300 to schedule your consultation or book online at www.completedentalhealthfl.com.